Please read carefully and ensure you understand the below provisions (the “Policy Statement”), before you choose to agree or disagree with them. The Policy Statement sets out how we COLLECT, USE, DISCLOSE, AND RETAIN your personal information. The Policy Statement is based on the principles established in Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, (the “PIPEDA”).
Tax Sherpa is responsible for maintaining and protecting your personal information in our care or control. We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for compliance with our policies and PIPEDA.
You can contact the Tax Sherpa privacy officer by mail, fax or e-mail:
Mail: 8300 Yonge St, Thornhill, ON L4J 7R3
We sometimes use third party companies to help us provide services to you. Regardless of the geographical location of such companies, Tax Sherpa requires them to comply with the PIPEDA and Tax Sherpa Policy Statement.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tax Sherpa may need to collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information including name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique indentifies such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences such as product wish list, order history, marketing preferences
- Business information such as company name, size, type
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests, and postal code
- Computer IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
Tax Sherpa uses this information to:
- Fulfill your orders and provide you services and send you your order confirmation
- Assess your personal or business needs to determine the most suitable services
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to your service requests, questions or concerns
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter or marketing communication
- Improve our Web site and services
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based on your interests and preferences
Tax Sherpa will collect, use, and disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where permitted or required by law. Your consent to use your personal information is implied for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your orders and responding to your requests re products or services
- Informing you about product revisions or updates
- Registering you to receive services and products
To use the Tax Sherpa services, you are not obligated to provide you tax return information. However, if you do not provide full information when using Tax Sherpa services it may not receive the full benefit of our services and it may also result in significant inaccuracy of your tax return estimate.
Tax Sherpa collects your personal information through
- Your registration and use of products, services, or technical support
- Your request for information
- Third parties who you authorized to share such information
If the information we ask you for is not required for us to provide you with the requested service, we will mark that information as optional.
Tax Sherpa also tracks such data as the source address that a page request comes from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This data is used for the website usage analysis. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting and is not linked to personal information gathered elsewhere on the site.
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE, AND RETENTION
Tax Sherpa will not use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than for which it was collected, except with your consent or when permitted or required by law.
Tax Sherpa will retain your personal information only for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected or as required by law. After that, Tax Sherpa will dispose, destroy or de-identify your personal information to prevent unauthorized access or use of your personal information.
Tax Sherpa will keep your personal information as accurate, complete, and up to date as necessary for the identified purposes for which it was collected. Updating your personal information when it changes is your responsibility. You can change your privacy settings and personal information in [My Account or similar menu item]
Tax Sherpa takes all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information in its possession and control from loss and unauthorized access, use, or alteration using industry-recognized security safeguards and practices.
This Privacy Statement is a summary of Tax Sherpa’s policies and practices relating to the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information [you in fact need to have them!]. Any amendments to the privacy policies will be posted on Tax Sherpa website 30 days before they are in effect. No retroactive amendments to the practices related to your personal information will be made without your consent.
YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE WITH THIS POLICY STATEMENT.